Monday 3 January 2022

lamboblogging

So after having gotten FH5 for Christmas about a week-and-a-half ago I finally ended the game after beating the Goliath on Expert with the Jaguar XJR-15 after having beaten the others except The Juggernaut. The thing is, the game felt almost too fast sometimes; I'm primarily an NFS player (I haven't played a Forza game for longer than a few hours since Motorsport 4) so I'm not too used to all the stuff the Forza Horizon games throw at you.

The physics are kinda fun and a nice escape from the Brake-2-Driftness but they have a hell of a learning curve. Getting nice cars all the time was also partly cool and stuff and yeah, I can see why everyone hates the emotes and cosmetics crap, but of course, Forza is a much more casual type of game (in the sense of gameplay). The map looks really nice and has good variety; I especially had a lot of fun doing the expeditions and discovering new places although the trees are really freaking annoying (they're the reason why I haven't three-starred The Juggernaut). The festivals seem fun at times but they're mostly pretty lifeless and sometimes I even wonder if they're really even celebrating cars and car culture itself or just standing in random spots literally just waiting until you come.

Needless to say, getting all those cars really did break the fun in progression (on just the second day of playing I got a Huayra BC and it only got crazier from there) and I could barely stick to one car which was a bit jarring, although that's probably me being used to grinding thousands of dollars just to mod one car in NFS. (And I thought I was spoiled whenever I got any supercar/hypercar in Heat)

The soundtrack had some good stuff and I found myself searching a few songs up from Pulse, Bass Arena, and XS, but it wasn't anything too interesting and it was quite obnoxious to hear the freaking censors every 5 seconds (especially The Struts' "Wild Child"; they absolutely butchered that song) which just ruined a few songs for me. Speaking of sound, the car sounds were sort of a mixed bag n my opinion, and there was quite a few cars I drove that sounded pretty similar when stock and even when modded, but hey, what racing game doesn't?

In the area of personalization, coming in from NFS I knew that since there's nearly 5X the cars in Forza, there wasn't going to be much exterior customization, so I won't say I was underwhelmed but I can see why fans of Forza constantly ask PG for more bodykits and parts, which makes NFS players seem a bit spoiled in that area as well.

As for "the main story", you can pretty much beat the game without barely having to do events. Hell, I freaking did all the showcases and expeditions until the big four events showed up and I had only done like 20 or so of the races by that point and felt that was too fast, so I had to hold out for so long doing every event in every festival outpost because completionism of course, and doing that only screwed it up because I was going through side missions and events I should have done way earlier. Eventually I got into the Hall Of Fame before I had even beaten The Goliath, so I basically ruined it for myself as well.

Overall, the game is great and all and there are your definite pros and cons to it, but it was definitely worth the play.

(P.S. The ending was pretty damn underwhelming, I've won the Colossus, the Titan, and the Goliath, but do I have to 3-star the Juggernaut to trigger the game ending?)



Submitted January 04, 2022 at 07:31AM by TheNFSIdentity https://ift.tt/3EVKahk

No comments:

Post a Comment