Monday 3 January 2022

lamboblogging

I just don’t understand why something becoming open world means the mechanics of a game need to be changed? Tf...

I finally got my i9/3080 HTPC Console back from warranty service and after months of being stuck with nothing short of a Mac and Retroarch (at least it gave me a reason to burn through the bulk of the Resident Evil games... remakes up next now that I have my system back) and wanted to add some new games to my library...

...I loved Forza 2 growing up. It was the first racing game I ever bought for myself (though I had plenty of hand-me-downs from Ivan Ironman’s Super Off Road to various Gran Turismos and finally Project Gotham) and wanted to check out one or more of the current titles.

So I looked up a description of Horizon and it sounded amazing! No tracks? Open world? Go wherever you want? Yes please!

...except it’s not the Forza style, it’s an “arcade racer”? What exactly does that mean concretely? What differences in mechanics/control are that different from “regular Forza”?

I tried to watch videos on YouTube to decide, but every clip is a damn Lamborarri style supercar playing like they’re in a modern day version of Cruisin’ USA... is that how the game actually is? Is there no “simulation mode” where I have to start of with a Ford Pinto and earn my way up to a supercar?

If not, are there any open-world racing games where it actually feels like you’re driving in the original Forza style? Or are there mods that can alter the game so it’s more simulation like? If so, which one would be best? I can give 1 or 2 a try on Xenia, but I’d prefer to play natively on Win10 and decide between 3, 4, and/or 5

The Forza Horizon 5 game files are just sitting on my debrid account, but I’m not wasting 50 gigs for something that’s just going to be a world’s different than what I’d want to play.

..

TLDR: open world racer with real world mechanics? What would be best?



Submitted January 03, 2022 at 06:32PM by KalynnCampbell https://ift.tt/3ztKdQw

No comments:

Post a Comment