Sunday 3 October 2021

lamboblogging

Let me start with, I cannot afford nor do I own an XJ220. I’ve never even seen one in the wild. This is just my musings.

Before you all accuse me of sacrilege, let me first say that the XJ220 is my all time favourite supercar. I think it’s shape is the most clean and timeless design for a supercar, and that, it’s engine layout, a twin turbo V6, was genius. It only came about two decades too soon.

If we can ignore perhaps the “absolute bragging rights” of having a V12, the only unforgivable flaw I think of the XJ220 was the interior.

Even though most of the pictures I see showcase it to be leather lined, which is excellent, the cockpit, in pictures at least, leave me feeling a bit…bored?

But what if, on the instrument cluster, there was an aluminum fascia in between the dials?

What if some of the knobs had aluminum covers?

What if, as a nod to Jaguar’s pedigree and history, the gear knob was a mix of wood and aluminum, inspired of the ones on the Porsche Carrera GT?

And finally, what if the steering wheel had a bit more style to it?

Some purists I know will find this to be off-putting. Others may not like it. Still others may prefer a complete overhaul.

What do you think? Am I talking complete nonsense? Would you alter anything? Would you change the mechanicals? Let’s have a discussion!



Submitted October 04, 2021 at 01:13AM by Ashton-MD https://ift.tt/2ZJMV6q

No comments:

Post a Comment