Saturday 29 May 2021

bitcoinsblogger.blogspot.in

bitcoinsblogger.blogspot.in
bitcoinsblogger.blogspot.in
lamboblogging

After much contemplation, today I bought the F-GT rig (standard one, not the lite. What I'm going to say doesn't apply to the lite version).

I picked this rig cause I really wanted a Formula position aside from the regular GT position.

I didn't find any videos on YouTube showing the process to switch it from GT to formula position, but I wanted it so bad that I told myself I'm willing to live with it no matter how much effort it takes to switch positions.

Well, that was a very poor assessment.

It is an absolutely agonizing experience to make the transition to formula position and vice versa. Only amplified by how poorly the quality control of the build of the rig is. Bolt holes barely line up and it takes quite a lot of force to get most bolts in.

Takes about 30 min for me just to do the switch.

I've tried finding a good median between the positions to be good enough to simulate both GT and Formula cars but I've yet to come across a solution.

I bought it from Canada Computers which has a no return policy, which sucks because I would definitely exchange this for the F-GT Lite if I could. There are many videos on the F-GT Lite showing the switch of positions and it is far easier to do and can be done in as little as 5 minutes, and without any tools.

For me, the only thing I didn't like about the Lite version was that I thought the seat in the GT position was too high from the pedals to accurately simulate the low feel of sports cars and supercars in general. For me it's a big deal but for you, maybe not.

Perhaps the frustration of the switch I'm experiencing was perpetuated by the 3 hours of agonizing and frustrating assembly and setup of the rig, but still, I really can't see myself doing this shit every single day.

So guys, unless you are ready for 30 minute episodes of intense physical labour and frustration every time you want to switch positions, or you intend on keeping it in one of the positions most of the time, stay away from this rig, or get the Lite version.



Submitted May 29, 2021 at 08:03AM by sin_donnie https://ift.tt/2SBaVoP
via Blogger https://ift.tt/2TiojOY
May 29, 2021 at 08:57AM
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3fRbsLr
May 29, 2021 at 09:49AM
via Blogger https://ift.tt/3vzCBsL
May 29, 2021 at 12:40PM

No comments:

Post a Comment