Monday 30 December 2019

bitcoinsblogger.blogspot.in

lamboblogging

What do you think is the greatest engine of all time? And why? I had an argument about this with my brother, and it really showed how subjective this question really can be:

My brother is very into JDM-car scene. He was talking about the tune-up he is planning to do on his Toyota Soarer, and mentioned in the same coversation how: "The Toyota 1JZ is the best engine ever." I naturally disagreed, and we got into an argument about it.

His arguments were following for the 1JZ:

  1. 1JZ is easy to work with.
  2. It's fairly easy to build it to have more power. And you can take crazy amounts of horsepower out of it if you want.
  3. There is lots of options to tune it - you can build it to be a supercar killer, or just spice it up a little while still maintaining the reliability of it. Or leave it stock if you want. It is a good engine that way too.
  4. It is an over-engineered engine. You can put more power into it without making it unreliable, and you don't have to change everything to quarantee its durability.
  5. ..and more personal note: "It is faster than your Alfa Romeo" (In which I strongly disagree)

Allthough I see where he is coming from and I understand his philosophy behind those arguments, I still though he is wrong. 1JZ could be the best building platform ever, the ultima builders engine, I'll give it that, but that does not make it the best engine ever. No, no. If you have to build it to make it a good, is it really that good? And a good engine is much more than numbers my dear little brother.

The best engine ever put in an automobile is Alfa Romeo V6 "Busso". "Why?" my brother asked.
I'll tell you why:

  1. Busso is very adaptable engine. It listens to driver. Very sophisticated and even gentle in normal driving. But when you push it those Italian horses really come alive.
  2. The sound. It is incredible. The best engine note I've ever heard. Hear it and you will fall in love. After 3000rpm it will put a wide smile on your face.
  3. It has just enough power. It is not the most powerful engine out there, I admit. But lot of power to be very much fun, but still enough to retain the comfortability. I have never wished more power when driving my GTV. But I have driven too many powerful cars that are wonderful on track, but horrible on normal traffic. The Busso is just beautiful the way it is.
  4. It is a piece of art. It is special. The Busso gives you driving experience that no other engine really can't match. Everything is done right, and everything is done to give the driver the best experience possible.
  5. It is the most beautiful engine there is! No stupid plastic covers here. You can spend an hour just looking at it.
  6. ...and it is faster than my brothers Toyota. (Few playful drag races we've had between our cars have been surprisingly close tbh)

Which one you think is right about this: me or my little brother? The Italian way or the Japanese way? Numbers vs Emotion? Engineering vs Art?

But the bigger question is: What do you think is the greatest engine of all time? Is it the ultimate building platform Toyota JZ? Or the mighty Busso? Or is it something else like: The classic Chevy Small-block, the super smooth Lexus V8, absolutely magical Ferrari Colombo V12, classic Chrysler Hemi, something really simple like Volkswagen Beetle engine or maybe you want to go radical and bizarre like Mazda Wankel engine?
And why? Is it about the power? The reliability? The feeling and the emotion it gives? The simplicity to work with? Something else? What makes an engine the greatest engine for you?

Now is the time to let the world know what do you think.

Have a great day!



Submitted December 31, 2019 at 06:20AM by WilliamGrass https://ift.tt/36brPfv
via Blogger https://ift.tt/2QbAb1u
December 31, 2019 at 06:59AM

No comments:

Post a Comment