Thursday 27 June 2019

lamboblogging

I’ll preface this by saying that while I like both the MK4 and the new one, neither are cars that I plan to own.

With that out of the way, I’d like to say that all of the arguments made against it are either completely unreasonable, or ignore facts, and for no reason. The car is as close to the MK4 as they could have made it, without it actually being the exact same car.

People argue that the GTR is more powerful. I argue no shit, the GTR is meant to take on supercars now, the Supra isn’t.

People say it’s too expensive, but the MK4 was pretty much the same price, if not more expensive, when we include inflation.

And last, but not least: “REEEE IT’S A BMW”. Yes, they worked with BMW to make the new Supra. However, not only do you not need to look far to see reviews talking about how differently it drives to the Z4, Toyota made damn sure the engine fit their reliability standards before using it. Toyota hasn’t made a sports car in a long time, and BMW makes one of the best I6 engines on the market right now, and it saves Toyota money to work with them on it.

Like I said at the start, the new Supra is as close to the MK4 as it could be, it’s slightly more powerful, it’s slightly lighter, and it’s slightly cheaper. You’d think that all the nostalgic MK4 fanboys would actually appreciate how closely they’ve recreated the package, but I guess not.

Rant over. Lol.



Submitted June 28, 2019 at 06:57AM by Wardog008 https://ift.tt/2ITFH50

No comments:

Post a Comment