Monday 14 January 2019

lamboblogging

Throwaway because of possible insurance fraud.

So everyone who has made an insurance claim knows that workshops accredited by the insurer will overcharge and over prescribe repairs. Like u crack a bumper and they somehow will do massive new paint job because hey they get paid.

So knowing this, i have a newish 2 year car but it has a few dings and scratches and dents. It annoys me but doesn't affect the car.

So yesterday morning, i was driving to work and there was a really annoying supercar ( detail left out for anonymity) who was honking and weaving and generally being an entitled dick.

Somehow i still managed to get in front of him ( stayed in my lane) and he was just behind me revving like mad. The thought on insurance above occured to me and where i am from, the car in front is 90% in the right during a collision. So.... I figured this guy was not that cautious a driver so i let him tailgate me for a while then as traffic eased up i sped up and naturally he just stuck to me.

So when i figured he was close enough and we were fast enough i applied the brakes.

Long story short, guy rear ends me and is really pissed. I had been rehearsing what i would say so i made sure to get out of the car first and to start yelling at him first. I took a bunch of photos. And that pretty much put him on the defensive. I pretty much convinced him it was his fault and we exchanged numbers. Guys like him, usually can't afford the repairs on a super car and will default to insurance.

So I've already filed my claim and my agent is really sure i will get the claim. And i already have a quote for the repairs and not only am i getting a new rear i am getting a new paint job, filler for some other dents, new brakes, new tires and wheels etc etc. So basically a car makeover

Really dont regret it but well it is kinda wrong



Submitted January 14, 2019 at 09:20AM by dingaling235 http://bit.ly/2D8ffSa

No comments:

Post a Comment