Sunday 30 December 2018

bitcoinsblogger.blogspot.in

lamboblogging

I'm over 30, and I'm not rich. But I've always been an automobile enthusiast. My love is of course early 90's cars, but I can very much appreciate the latest and greatest supercars, as well as find my way around 60's American muscle. These are not my dreams.

I may someday be able to afford an Aston Martin, but I would also very much like to build a proper GT car, mostly because I like building things.

I currently own a 93 MR2 Turbo that I am working on. While I love the platform, and always have, I have the feeling it is not the proper vehicle for the task. I don't mind modification, but I would rather it be in good taste. I don't want a track car, or streetfighter because I actually like to hear myself think and want to drive in relative comfort. This is why I would love to start looking for a better platform to create a really nice GT car. So far I have made up a list of things I would like and directions I would love to go in.

Disclaimer: GT in the following context means Grand Tourer - A car capable of driving form Paris to Rome in time for dinner while keeping you fresh in the mean time.

Exterior:

I really feel 2 seats are the best option, so Coupes are to the top of the list. A 2+2 option is not out of the question, but some have weird designs I don't like (Such as the 280/300z in 2+2 with that weird back window thing).

Non Convertible - I don't like them.

Interior:

Comfortable Leather will be the goal, but this can be modified at a later date.

Mechanics:

Rear or All wheel drive.

Torque: 350 - 400 lb.ft; want to approach 100lb.ft / 1000lbs curb weight, and I am willing to modify and build to get that number.

I would love a 6-speed manual, or an easy conversion - I don't want to fabricate housings or transfer cases.

Turbo or NA, any displacement, any cylinder count, any make, engine swaps are fun!

Goals:

Interior Cabin noise level of +- 65db @ 60mph,

Fuel economy of about 17mpg; 10.5L / 100km @ 70mph

Fuel capacity of at least 20 gal / 75 L

Would love to start with a base vehicle around $10,000 but less is good too. Here are my initial thoughts in no order:

Jaguar XJS - Good platform, perhaps weird in the breaks department, may become expensive to modify later. Heavy electronics upgrades needed.

300z (Z32) - Smaller, can it be made quiet enough? The modern 350z is too small inside.

E31 - Too expensive, but certainly a dream car

G35/37xs - Modern, too expensive? Maybe find one wrecked and modify. Can it be made more quiet? Faster, better, stronger? Dual fuel tanks? Could be interesting.

Mustang GT 2015 (Sixth generation) - Certainly would be interesting. Can it be made quiet enough? Soften the suspension, increase fuel capacity, redesign exhaust. Expensive, and I feel like there would be much backlash, but I don't really care about that.

Is there something I am missing? I have toyed around with the idea of making something crazy like an 1986 IROC Z a real GT car, but the interior is not the best design. Take a cheap car and make a long distance cruiser out of it. But I favor the European bodies.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a nice platform to start from that might be interesting to form a GT project?



Submitted December 30, 2018 at 11:52PM by jjSuper1 http://bit.ly/2CGXAB8
via Blogger http://bit.ly/2GKvDfH
December 31, 2018 at 01:10AM

No comments:

Post a Comment