Friday 15 June 2018

lamboblogging

Morning all,

Firstly, please forgive any ignorance in my post, I casually follow World Endurance, and have done so for two or three years. I'm an F1 fan at heart but I also watch V8 Supercars, BTCC, DTM, I could go on.

In light of the failure of the series to attract major manufacturers to compete at the same level as Toyota, does anyone else rather feel the overall victory this year is Toyotas to lose, rather than a true competition? They've come close and to me it seems this is throwing them, and Alonso, a bit of a freebie.

Alonso is a great driver, no doubt, and I don't want to get into any conspiracy theories, but it would be considerable PR for him to win on his first attempt, for the team that just hasn't been able to win thus far.

As I gather, the non-hybrid teams aren't allowed to do a better laptime than Toyota. That seems astonishing to me. At a time when other series conduct BoP changes to keep a class close together, this again feels like a slap in the face to the non-hybrid teams. I fail to understand this entirely. Again, it seems like a gift to Toyota.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad infinitum, but does anyone share my opinion here that this, mechanical defects notwithstanding, is Le Toyota 2018, and somewhat against the spirit of the true competition of Le Mans?

Again, please let me reiterate I am a casual fan, and I am interested in opinions, and not being ridiculed or lambasted for my views. If I am wrong please feel free to explain to me why I am wrong. I would be happy to have that conversation.

James



Submitted June 15, 2018 at 03:40PM by braduk2003 https://ift.tt/2JTi265

No comments:

Post a Comment